Hi! I would like to get a Temp File/Cookies/index.dat cleaner.
Is CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) any good? Could anyone direct me to a place where I could download it and could I be given a couple of tips on how to use it?
Thanks! ;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Hi! I would like to get a Temp File/Cookies/index.dat cleaner.
Is CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) any good? Could anyone direct me to a place where I could download it and could I be given a couple of tips on how to use it?
Thanks! ;)

I use crap cleaner daily. it rockes. My favorite piece of software.

To download it...go to http://mrbass.org

mrbass has tons of other free software there as well.

Thank you! I'll get it right away. Is it self-explanatory? I mean, the use of it. . .Once I download it, do I need any info as to how to use it?
Thanks for any help.

.Once I download it, do I need any info as to how to use it?
Thanks for any help.

With caution ,like any cleaning program !!
My opinion

Member Avatar for TKSS

I've been running the last 4 released versions with no problems...just explore the settings and choose what you want it to clean...I have it clean out just about everything :) Also, I like putting it in the right click menu (option when you install) so that I can right click the trashcan and run cC instead of just emptying the trash :P

Thanks for the advice! I downloaded it and it cleaned up quite a bit of stuff I didn't know I had in the temp category, though I have been cleaning up my temp files as Crunchie and others adviced me.
One more question, why would one need to clean up the computer's history to protect it from attack?
Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.