Can anyone help me to insert an animated gif into my email through Lotus Notes? I hate the blasted program - more used to Outlook. We're using R5 here at work.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Considering the sparsity of messages I recieve from colleagues who are stuck with communication via LotusNotes, I have to wonder if that's even POSSIBLE!

Can anyone help me to insert an animated gif into my email through Lotus Notes? I hate the blasted program - more used to Outlook. We're using R5 here at work.

Thanks!

I figured it out! While in the body of your message, click on "Create" in the tool bar, choose "Picture". Click on the drop down menu and choose "gif", then find your image and click "Import".

Did I mention I hate Lotus Notes? LOL!

Thanks for posting back, karatelvr :)

it is EASY ! go to INSERT Picture, find where you stored your GIF, and click on OPEN it should appear where ever you left your cursor in the Lotus Notes. The only thing you can not do with Notes verse Outlook, is in Outlook you can insert an audio to play where the reciever opens that specfic email..you can not do that in Lotus Notes. and BTW,I am not an IT tech, but a user...learn by mistakes I say !

Thanks for posting back, karatelvr :)

Thanks - worked perfectly!

Thank to KarateLovr, I use his tip and it worked smoothly !!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.