Hi,

I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude laptop from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. My problem is that when I reboot the laptop, it freezes on the Windows 2000 splash screen. The problem does not arise when I do a shut down and start. I have adjusted the power management options in the BIOS but this doesn't do the trick. I have also checked the fans and they are fine. Can someone please advise on measures I can take.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

To make life easier just install Windows 2000 dont do the upgrade from 98 to 2000 outlook never seems so good. Just a thought.

Hi,

I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude laptop from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. My problem is that when I reboot the laptop, it freezes on the Windows 2000 splash screen. The problem does not arise when I do a shut down and start. I have adjusted the power management options in the BIOS but this doesn't do the trick. I have also checked the fans and they are fine. Can someone please advise on measures I can take.

Thanks

Did you start with a clean format?
You can power up and work in 2000 with no problem just not get it to restart correct?

It just hangs...

It is a software not a bios or hardware problem...

It is one of those things that spending all this time trouble shooting it will (in my case) just waste time. Seriously to yourself a favor and start fresh man I bet anything that would work and it will also take less time.

Did you start with a clean format?
You can power up and work in 2000 with no problem just not get it to restart correct?

It just hangs...

It is a software not a bios or hardware problem...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.