I have a

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz

Mother Board NVIDIA nForce 630i
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7150 256mb

Power Supply
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750w Nvidia SLI ready

Memory PC2-6400 (400 MHz) DDR2 Kingston 3 gigs

Computer freezes after a certain amount of time or if picture or videos load freezes alot faster

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

oh windows xp profesional version 2002 service pack 3

Xp is prone to freezing on many systems. If you load bigger files it freezes frequently.

So your saying Windows XP is causing the freeze this is weird because I have XP in all my computers and this is the only one giving me this problem and it has many more resources then other windows xp machines I have running some have been running for a couple years no problems is this maybe an error that has showed up in some installs and if so is there a patch or something

have you check computer temps ,like cpu and chipset ,maybe its over heating ,do you use the stock fan that came with the cpu ,if so maybe try buying a better fan ,
try this program to check hardware and temps .
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

I have thought of this as well but it doesn't make since it would mean it is heating up with in a minute of starting the computer I have tried to download a program like the one above to check heat temp but before it downloads the computer keeps freezing I have stuck my finger all around the fan after it froze and I shut off the computer and it seems to be cool no heat at all that I can feel weird thing is if I don't use the computer just leave it on it will not freeze sometimes for a long period if at all but first sign of graphics or downloading or any processing or internet activity or just about any activity and it freezes does anyone know anymore about what was said above about the xp install being the problem could this be it

Please Note: If you have more than 1 RAM then you need to make sure that both the frequencies are similar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see that even before you try to download anything or play a movie the computer freezes.

First TURN OFF the Computer.

> If there are multiple RAM's try using one RAM at a time and test if the computer freezes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If still no go ......please provide the information below:
> Number of RAM's installed.
> Hard Disc Drive capacity.
> If installed a new RAM recently.
Thank you.
:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.