I have done something stupid (again) and can no longer open any links that are in any of the emails I receive. I have MS Outlook 2003The message is:
"This operation was cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator"
We have a small office with 4 computors that are networked.
I am the system administrator, although not a very smart one.
Along the same line, I cannot send an email from a different application, (ie Word) I have to go to outlook and attache it. I used to be able to email directly from wWord, and other apps.

I think I did something when I was trying to export a contact list from my computer to our new employee.

Appreciate any help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try this hope it will fix your problem, open up IE go to tools->internet options->go to programs tab then check the e-mail option if it is MSOutlook.. and check also whether the Default Web Browser is tick..

try this hope it will fix your problem, open up IE go to tools->internet options->go to programs tab then check the e-mail option if it is MSOutlook.. and check also whether the Default Web Browser is tick..

Thank you for your response, your suggestions were only partially visable. I checked and Int. Exp was my default browser. Any other suggestions?? Still can't open links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.