My Dell Inspiron 1505 previously ran Vista Ultimate SP1 with all the aero services operating correctly. Following the automatic updates to Vista Ultimate SP 2 and Explorer 8, I can no longer get my aero servcies, no tranparency etc etc. My laptop has a 'rating' of 3.7, a grpahics card with 128 mb and handled aero perfectly well before the updates. I tried unloading the updates, I tried a coplete system restore, but the aero now remains off even on the earlier versions. Can anyone advise please?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by RamonLThomas

1.Goto
computer->properties->Advanced system settings->
In that click "advanced " tab-> In that under perfomance heading
select settings -> In that select "Adjust for best appearance"

1.Goto
computer->properties->Advanced system settings->
In that click "advanced " tab-> In that under perfomance heading
select settings -> In that select "Adjust for best appearance"

Many thanks but did not work. I have also tried -control panel-personalisation. Vista is not listed under -windows color and appearance- but is listed under -themes- . My guess, and it is a guess, is that a registry key of some kind has become corrupted with only part of the aero service enabled and part not enabled. Still grateful for any further help.

'Themes service' had become set to manual and also set to stopped. Resetting to automatic and checking start restored all the aero facilities.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.