My Dell Inspiron 1505 previously ran Vista Ultimate SP1 with all the aero services operating correctly. Following the automatic updates to Vista Ultimate SP 2 and Explorer 8, I can no longer get my aero servcies, no tranparency etc etc. My laptop has a 'rating' of 3.7, a grpahics card with 128 mb and handled aero perfectly well before the updates. I tried unloading the updates, I tried a coplete system restore, but the aero now remains off even on the earlier versions. Can anyone advise please?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for b1izzard

1.Goto
computer->properties->Advanced system settings->
In that click "advanced " tab-> In that under perfomance heading
select settings -> In that select "Adjust for best appearance"

1.Goto
computer->properties->Advanced system settings->
In that click "advanced " tab-> In that under perfomance heading
select settings -> In that select "Adjust for best appearance"

Many thanks but did not work. I have also tried -control panel-personalisation. Vista is not listed under -windows color and appearance- but is listed under -themes- . My guess, and it is a guess, is that a registry key of some kind has become corrupted with only part of the aero service enabled and part not enabled. Still grateful for any further help.

'Themes service' had become set to manual and also set to stopped. Resetting to automatic and checking start restored all the aero facilities.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.