Can somebody please help me? my cd burner crashed right when i was going to burn a cd- at the bottom it says no supported cd-r/ cd-rw drive! i don't know what's going on...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can you give us some more details please, ready the post that says Read Me: at the top of this fourm

Can somebody please help me? my cd burner crashed right when i was going to burn a cd- at the bottom it says no supported cd-r/ cd-rw drive! i don't know what's going on...

No supported CD-R / CD-RW? What burning software you use? Its better use Nero Burning Rom.

that would be Nero's message I have a LG burner that Nero refuses to work with and I have a Lite-On that it works fine with....
heres a few things can the drive normally be accessed through windows if so then you have to edit Nero's ( or whatever software you use) properties and tell it to use the CD Burner drive you have... if the drive cannot be accessed through windows then your windows cd drivers gone bad and would have to be repaired or updated

that would be Nero's message I have a LG burner that Nero refuses to work with and I have a Lite-On that it works fine with....
heres a few things can the drive normally be accessed through windows if so then you have to edit Nero's ( or whatever software you use) properties and tell it to use the CD Burner drive you have... if the drive cannot be accessed through windows then your windows cd drivers gone bad and would have to be repaired or updated

The version of Nero Burning ROM that ships with CD-recorder drives is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) version that is keyed to the drive it ships with (no software serial number). Upgrades of the same major versions are no problem, but use with any other brand (sometimes even model) of drive is deliberately blocked. If you purchase a retail edition of the same version of Nero (one that requires a serial number), it will work with any drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.