Ive forgotton my logon password to my computer. Ive tried password recovery tools but they dont work. I get a message saying sam databases not found, but i still cant logon. Can anyone help me with this problem I dont want to have to reinstall

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I can suggest you two bootable pass-crackers :
2) Ophcrack
3) Offine NT Password & Registry Editor

Ophcrack will Find you the password (Not fool-proof)(412 Mb to download)(But easy to use)

Offline NT password and registry editor works on all platforms of windows. It won't retrieve your password but instead will clear it through 5-10 steps...The steps may seem complicated but its worth...

I've Personally tried the 2nd method and it Works very well...

Here is the easiest tool I've used http://www.pcloginnow.com/ it is all automatic. It will expire the password which will prompt you to enter a new one next time you log on.

how could i logon my computer

hi nabin.......have you lost your password?????or just facing some another problem???

2) Password Reset Disk : A password reset disk, allows you to change your password, without needing to know your old password. You can make a password reset disk only for your local user account. This disk contains a single file named Userkey.psw, which is an encrypted backup version of your password. You can create a password reset disk as follows : you’ll need to have removable media available viz. usb, floppy, cd, external hard drive, or a memory card.
1. Log on using the account for which you want to create a password reset disk.

2. In the Control Panel, open User Accounts.

3. In the Tasks pane, click Create A Password Reset Disk to launch the Forgotten Password wizard. and then follow the wizards instructions.

To use the password reset disk when you forget your password:

1. On the logon screen, make an entry in the password box. if you guess right, you’re in! if you are wrong, Vista informs you that the password is incorrect.

2. Click OK. The logon screen reappears, but with additional text below the password box.

3. If the first bit of additional text, your password hint, tries to jog your memory, enter your password. If not, click Reset Password to open the Password Reset wizard.This wizard asks for the location of the password reset disk, reads the encrypted key, and then asks you to set a new password, which it then uses to log you on.

Hello all,

My problem is I'm logged in, but don't want to log off because I forgot the password. Can I find the password while logged in???

Thank you.

sorry,

running vista

thanks.

try this..

1. Reboot your system
2. Press F8 and go on to safemode
3. Login using the administrator account
4. Go to control panel and look for the useraccounts or right click my computer then go to manage, then look for the users and click on your useraccount. Right click and set a password of yours.
5. Reboot your system normally and try logig in using your new password.

I hope this helps, I've done this before but using Windows XP

Thanks for the link will it work for windows7 also....

Ive forgotton my logon password to my computer. Ive tried password recovery tools but they dont work. I get a message saying sam databases not found, but i still cant logon. Can anyone help me with this problem I dont want to have to reinstall

Have you tried ERD Commander?

i need help finding my admin password for windows vista? i cant make any downloads and dont have a reset disk and any thing i try does not work.... does anyone know what i should do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.