johndb 0 Newbie Poster

Hope this is the most suitable forum for this question if it is not let me know. I've had this error on my computer for a while and have been unable to find a solution, which I think it is the result of some xampp and sql software I tried but have since uninstalled. I have windows vista, this window pops up every tiime on start up with the following message
"winmysql.exe-Unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because LIBMYSQL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Click 'ok'. Followed by a second window which says
"Administrator Tool for Win32 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Thats all there is, the error does not seem to have any other negative side effects.
On the advice of someone else I've tried installing an application at http://www.apachefriends.org/downloa...-installer.exe and then uninstall it but the error remains.
Additional information if I do a search on my computer for "libmysql" and "winmysql" I get no results, I do get results for a search on "Win32", but I don't think it is a good idea to go deleting all those files.
Can someone advise me on the best thing to do to remove this error?