during installation blue screen came up with this message and a stop code
stop: 0x0000000A (0x82563b74, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001,0x804E639B)
please help me........

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Shadowsedge

No clue what that means, your going to have to post more information because that could mean anything.
example:
what were you installing?
Can you restart the machine (laptop or desktop)
anything and everything would help.

i was installing windows xp. and even after restarting the comp. the installation comes to certain level and agin goes to blue screen showing the same message.

What upgrade are you performing (I assume the installation is an upgrade)?

Have you Googled 0x0000000A, because there's a Microsoft KB article on this.

Hmm, still can't be sure but follow caperjacks advice and only have the minimal hardware to do a clean install. My guess is it might be
1. A scratch on the CD - find another CD or fix scratch
2. Bad RAM - If you have multiple sticks, try just using one. Memtest would be a good tool to use to check the RAM and see if it bad.
3a. Bad hard drive - Find the maker of the hard drive and get their hard drive tester and test it.
3b. Try using a formatting program like "drive scrubber" to wipe the hard drive completely. 1 pass should be enough.

These are just some suggestions as I really still have no clue as to why it's happening. Still need more information to make a better diagnosis.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.