All folders on desktop that point to c:/documents and settings, do not open. The pointer will turn to an hour glass then revert back to a pointer. If I create a new folder I will not be able to open it, all aftermarket program folders work fine. I am not able to open control panels or the printers folder. I may have gotten a virus but Norton has not detected anything. Norton Win doctor di dno tfind anything wrong. I also ran the command sfc/scannow. Any thoughts -

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

sounds like your having a problem with explorer in general >.>

3kdad,
Faranth might be right on this one (as well ;) ) but try searching for "*dll*exe*" (w/o the quote marks); nothin should show up, but if something does its a virus for sure as no such file type really exists. r u getting any other type of error screens/random reboots? sluggish sys? undeliverable emails that u dont recall sending 2beginw/?

help same prob i did that and a error screen comes up on win xp pro plz help no vrus i can whift norton antivirus 2002 2003 2004

ps how to take screenshots

ps how to take screenshots

TinyResMeter. It can also monitor CPU usage and suchlike.

i have win xp and it not a cpu ussage becuase i close all program

sounds like your having a problem with explorer in general >.>

so try to help
what else can i try

Faranth HOW TO TAKE SCREEN SHOT?

im the best>.>

:rolleyes:

hello i really help

scan but nottin,no virus,no trojan

then i would guess your windows explorer is majorlly messed up, id say to backup and reinstall

If your are going to reinstall or repair read this and the chances of this happening again are slimm if none.
[thread=2429] CLicK HERE[/thread]

Alaways running on ROOT/Administrator can be fatal.

is there a other suggestion

If your are going to reinstall or repair read this and the chances of this happening again are slimm if none.
[thread=2429] CLicK HERE[/thread]

Alaways running on ROOT/Administrator can be fatal.

not always true, if you have no clue waht your doing with a computer maybe

and seto no, reinstall your OS is at the point of no return

i dont understan
look how my comp does
illl send then to ur email.... send ur email adrress in a privete message

Dude seriously to save you "time" & "effort" I highly would recommand a format seriously. Only takes 45 mins I think it is time for it seriously man & if you never reformated then we go from there.

Dude seriously to save you "time" & "effort" I highly would recommand a format seriously. Only takes 45 mins I think it is time for it seriously man & if you never reformated then we go from there.

how?

When I get home from work we will discuss that the first time it's always the weridest and the hardest but since it is a MS product all you really do is say next next next next and your done.

Before doing make sure you have a backbone to help you out someone there or over the phone. I will walk you through it as much as possible. If you really need help I have no problem calling you and walking you through it.

Question you have Windows XP Pro bootable CD? Let me know.

Do you have a WinXP CD? Well this isn't a good start at all dude. Call me if you need assistant dont forget to leave your number.

were can i chek for virusus online the best

no virus found what rong ay que malo

OK man I didn't understand anything you just said please reword that.

i did not find a virus

Seto, we have tryed to help you as much as possible, if you dont have a windows CD your basiclly screwed, id suggest going about purchasing one.

How did you even get XP onto your computer with out the disk?

id suggest asking if any of your friends have a windows 2000 disk that they will let you use to reinstall windows with.

You mean a Bought Copy yes wink wink* ;)

Also dont forget to mention that it is not installed any where else just a spare copy that has never been used haha.

lol

hahaha

Jimmy

im all for anti piracy but i also want this setteled, we ve tried just about everything i can think of.

it that i lost it but ill go my pc tech he do it

create a new user and see if it has the same problem .you user may be corrupt .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.