Hey guys iv run into a weird problem. I tried to play an old game (starcraft) on my comp and havent played any games on my comp in a while and the game runs fine but the game only takes up about 3/4 of the screen and the rest is all black when it should be full screen... I also noticed that when the computer is starting the same thing happens where the startup screens are only taking up about 3/4 of the screen and then there is black surrounding it... My computer is a Dell inspiron 600m... Thanks for any help

sounds lijke one of two ideas might help. If the old game is written in VGA or worse EGA then on a big screen you may have to downgrade the scereen to VGA por EGA and lose quality to get it yto fil the screen.

However you say it also happens at startup. often at start up the basic screen driver VGA is used and then later in ther start up proces it changes to what yhe video drivers / video board can cope with. It could be that the settings on the viceo board are forcing the VGA startup.
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.