I have a Hewlett Packard 656c printer and having problems with my usb. It will not detect it. I have downloaded my software. When i insert my usb cord to my printer it wont work. Im using Windows 98 SE. Please help!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Start->settings->Printer:

Are there any printers installed? If so, delete them an try again. Also, after connecting the printer to the PC via USB (try different USB slots), check the device manager if there are any unknown devices found.

Michael

Ive had this printer for about 2 years already. Its giving me on Device manager on Other devices an exclaimation mark apollo p2500/2600. Ive tried it and nothing happenings, but i do see the pictures of 2 printers on my lower right icon where the clock is but not responding to print.

Again: Go to Start->Settings->Printer and remove all the printers you find there.

Then go to the device manager, right click on this apollo p2500/2600 thing and try to update the drivers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.