undefinedundefinedI have been using Microsoft Office 2003 for 2 years with no problems. 2 nights ago I tried to get into excel. all I got was an error. I messed with it for awhile. Then removed it with the intension of just reinstalling it. The file MSOHEV.DLL will not delete, or let me move it. I am running XP. Can you tell me how to get rid of it?
1. See if you can delete the file when booted into Safe Mode. You get to the safe mode boot option by hitting the F8 key as your computer is starting up.
2. You may need to unregister the dll before you can delete it:
- Open a DOS box by typing "cmd" (omit the quotes) in the "Run.." option under your Start button menu.
- At the command prompt in the DOS window, type the following command (replace the example path to the msohev.dll file below with the full, correct path to the file's location on your particular system):
I tried the 2 things you suggested and they didn't work. In the safe mode I got the same message. From the command mode I got the message. Load Library (D:\Program")Failed- The specified module could not be found. I tried several times and check my spelling every time. Do you have any other ideas I could try???
- Open the program, click on the folder button to the right of the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, and browse to the msohev.dll file. Hilight the file and then click OK.
- Select "delete on reboot" and put a check in the "unregister dll before deleting" box.
- Click the red button with the "X" in it and then choose Yes in the next two dialog boxes that pop up to reboot and complete the deletion process.
If the killbox is able to do its job, msohev.dll should be gone after the reboot.
:!: THANKS A TON:!: I messed with this issue cause some user tried to burn Office 11 with MS Windows burning app. When I tried to delete it from the burning que, you guessed it, no way - not even in safe mode or command line to unregister the .dll. Anyways Pocket KillBox worked perfectly, and your instructions where right on the money!
It doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately, i have tried everything but nothing seems to delete the file! :-(
Can you please help me?
No, the DMR's method works. You just have to start command prompt cmd at START/RUN. Then you navigate in CMD to the folder where this crazy nasty file is, in this case the Office 10 folder. Once you are there, you type regsvr....... bla bla after /u put just the file name MSOHEV.DLL. And hit enter.
After a few seconds it will tell you it has been done. They you can delete the file immediately or after next reboot (depends on whether you reboted computer since you uninstalled Office.)
The Killbox.exe method should also work. This is like taking a canon to hit a fly.