I am unable to open certain links, on many websites. On the bottom left of the screen it says "javascript" and other stuff when I click on it. I have downloaded java and other things, but the same thing happens. I have looked at other troubleshooting advice but it doesn't help. Could you please tell me the problem.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you maybe narrow this down to a list of sites for us? Might help a little more with finding out what the problem is. Also, can you post the version of Java installed so we can make sure there are no compatibility issues. :cheesy:

One site for example is at zone.com, I am not able to open any game room. I downloaded the java software right from the website, for windows xp, version 1.4.2. I think its called java webstart. I know this issue doeasn't have to do with the security of any websites. Is there something that I have to download or do I have to reinstall internet explorer? Thanks for the help.

I believe its java related?? Make sure java is updated. If that dosent work use the ie tool posted here......http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm Let us know if that worked...peace.......im out

thanks a lot!! The site worked. I didn't even have to download the whole thing, because it was asking me to put in the windows xp cd, and didn't feel like doing it. And now every link works. Thanks a lot for the help.

thanks a lot!! The site worked. I didn't even have to download the whole thing, because it was asking me to put in the windows xp cd, and didn't feel like doing it. And now every link works. Thanks a lot for the help.

You are more than welcome. If my ie acts funny I just put a check mark in the box not to run the scf and reinsstall ie6 then hit apply. Hope you share the information........peace........im out

i downloaded the IEFix, but when i try and open it, i get a message saying run time error '-2147024770(8007007e)' automation error the specific module could not be found.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.