My internet was working fine 2 days ago and now when i try to get on to it its saying im connected to my network but local access only. I have no idea what happened. My husbands internet is working fine on his laptop, but on my laptop i keep seeing these 3 messages:
1) Plug a cable into the network adaptor "local area Connection"
2) View wireless network security settings for my network
3) View available wireless networks
I have no idea what happened and no idea how to fix the problem. Someone Please Help Me!!
Hi Donna ,
You have not mentioned the operating system you are working with .
You can try the following steps to resolve this issue.
1) Click on your start>run and type “cmd”.
2) Then type ipconfig .Check if it gives a valid IP address.
3) If it’s inbuilt network adapter then check the cable connection with your router or modem.
4) Try the following steps.
In Windows Vista:
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button > Control Panel> Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center> Manage network connections.
In Windows XP:
Go to start>control panel>network connection>right click on the correct wireless network and then enable and disable it.
Now right click on the network adapter, disable and enable it again.
Check your internet is working or not.
5)If it’s wireless network adapter then (In windows XP):
Go to Start>run>type in services.msc>check the WZC(wireless zero configuration ) is started, if it is in stop status then right click on it and start it.
6)Go to start>control panel>system>click on the device manager button>now under the network adapter find your wireless adapter.
7) Right click on the wireless adapter, disable and enable it and check the internet connection.
8) If it doesn’t work right click on the wireless adapter and click on update drivers.
Try checking the internet connection again.