a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available

getting this note when i go to a few different sites.
using vista home prem/ie 8 /nis 09/spyboy/ccleaner
any fix and what is cause

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Uninstall IE8. IE verisions are always problematic when first released.

It's better to uninstall IE8.

You can uninstall Internet Explorer 8 by, go to Control Panel, and click on Uninstall Programs link or Programs and Features icon. Then on Tasks pane on the left, click on View installed updates link. Locate and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 in the list of installed updates, and then click on Uninstall button. Click on Yes when asked that are you sure want to uninstall the update.

It's a bit drastic to say uninstall IE8. I had IE7 crashing occasionally and moved to IE8 because it was offered. No problems since then - but it'll crash at some stage when there is a conflict between my settings and Active X type controls that a site might want to run.

IE crashes are very often attributable to incompatibility with an Add-in and that shouldbe your first point of investigation.

I have installed FireFox as well and whenever something strange happens in IE I try with FireFox, although many applications that use browsers for Help files may not be compatible with FireFox.

Hope that helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.