I was wondering if anybody can help me out with something. I am trying to update Toshiba BPCI TAPI Service 1.4 to 1.43 in Windows XP Pro SP2 on a Dell Latitude 110L and WIndows keeps installing the 1.4 instead of the 1.43. I uninstalled 1.4 from the Add/Remove program and Phone/Modem Advanced tabs in Control Panel and downloaded the updated TAPI service from Toshiba and when I restart the computer, Windows XP finds the new device but continues to install the old drivers. I know Windows XP stores the old drivers in the registry and I know that there is a way to manually push or install the new drivers in Safe Mode but I do not know how to do that. That is what I need help in doing and if anyone knows how to do this and can give me instructions on how to do this, that would be great. Thanks in advance

I was wondering if anybody can help me out with something. I am trying to update Toshiba BPCI TAPI Service 1.4 to 1.43 in Windows XP Pro SP2 on a Dell Latitude 110L and WIndows keeps installing the 1.4 instead of the 1.43. I uninstalled 1.4 from the Add/Remove program and Phone/Modem Advanced tabs in Control Panel and downloaded the updated TAPI service from Toshiba and when I restart the computer, Windows XP finds the new device but continues to install the old drivers. I know Windows XP stores the old drivers in the registry and I know that there is a way to manually push or install the new drivers in Safe Mode but I do not know how to do that. That is what I need help in doing and if anyone knows how to do this and can give me instructions on how to do this, that would be great. Thanks in advance

right click on mycomputer /properties/hardware /device manager / go to the device in question ,right click on it go to properties /drivers /update drive and direct it to the newer driver you have downloaded .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.