Hii,
I have Win XP sp2 installed at my pc and recently got affected by a startup folder virus..and various other trojans...My nod32 v3 anti virus reported that there is a reader_sl.exe and servises.exe file in C/windows/system32 which it could not delete....
My pc started anonymous downloading/uploading from my net and i was unable to stop it..
i have formatted my c drive and reinstalled windows but now the same thing is happening....i even stopped my auto updates but still as soon as i connect to the net, something starts downloading or uploading content to the internet...

I doubt there might be the same virus/trojan which has resided in my D: drive too..
No anti virus is able to remove it...

I REQUEST ANY READER OF THIS POST TO PLEASE HELP ME OUT...I HAVE TRIED EVERYHTING I COULD DO BUT NO USE...
I HAVE JUST JOINED THIS FORUM IN A HOPE THAT SOME ONE WOULD HELP ME OUT...ITS A REQUEST TO ALL..PLEASE HELP..

A DEVASTATED USER

I would install and run the following software in safe mode:

1. SuperAntispyware
2. Malwarebytes
3. NOD 32

Let us know what are the results by installing, running and posting the results from hijackthis.
Cheers!

Hello,

I was having the same problem with my PC. Then i have installed Kaspersky anti virus 2009 and after the full system scan my system starts working properly.
Do one more thing if this doesn't work. install system mechanic pro. and run a complete test of it.

Thanks

I think there is a bug in kunal_tech's computer that is causing the problem. I agree with you Lisa!

thanks soo much to ppl who have replied...but after posting this problem here,..my desperation and irritation with the problem didnt stop,and i started manually deleting the files from C:/windows and system32 folder on the basis of their last modified date and time....

i found many files whose publisher was mentioned as ??//??//??
i deleted them all,without caring for consequences,...and luckily i was able to get of this..i even ran hijackthis and it reports no serious threats..
i also installed and run AVIRA AntiVir premium 9 full version,..its quite a good anti virus....now evrything seems to be fine..

although i m yet in a suspecting stage,...if anything wrong happens again i will approach to you ppl humbly....
THANKS SO MUCH FOR UR CONCERN

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.