Hi All:
Is anyone else having trouble with the new Hotmail format? On two different computers (one with WIndows XP, the other Windows 98), both my husband and I cannot reply to, compose or forward messages. The new message page comes up on the screen (without the toolbar), but the messages sent are blank (i.e., they are received but there is no content - only MSN ads).
When the toolbar comes up, people receive our messages.
We have Norton Anitvirus and Norton Internet Security installed on both computers and the "scan outgoing mail" option is now unchecked, but we still cannot send messages.
The problem first occurred about a week ago -- when Hotmail changed their formatting. We've tried contacting MSN and Hotmail, but haven't heard from them. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks! McLia

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

try clearing your cache (temporay internet files) i think there was another topic on here somewhere, ill see if we resolved that

Boy oh boy I'm glad I'm not the only one with hotmail problems. First it wouldn't let me open attachments and now, like you, when I forward an email, it arrives blank. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, but to no avail. Please help me if you can. Thank you in advance for any and all help.
colacindy31

it's probably also to the virus if not just hotmail in general. clear your cache...Tools-->Internet Options-->Delete files

I have good luck logging in from Japan...give it a shot: http://hotmal.co.jp

the language should change to english automatically...lot of times especially when there's web traffic i see hotmail suffer the most. Update IE to 6 if you want.
...never know...

Thanks junior for the heads up. I have already tried clearing the cache and that showed little improvement to the problem. I have tried sending to my other address to no avail. I recieve blank mail. If you think of anything else please let me know. colacindy31 :confused:

Thanks junior for the heads up. I have already tried clearing the cache and that showed little improvement to the problem. I have tried sending to my other address to no avail. I recieve blank mail. If you think of anything else please let me know. colacindy31 :confused:

Hi,

Having problems sending, reading and deleting in Hotmail ?

I tried everything, deleting cache, changing security settings - nothing worked.
Finally, I appear to have hit on something by accident. My kids play Runescape, and there is an option to load up using Sun Java. I took this option and downloaded Sun Java j2re1.4.1. Following this, Hotmail is working perfectly.

Try the following link:-

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

I have had trouble with hotmail for a couple of months, now. Whenever I try to open something someone has sent me, the hotmail closes down and goes back to my blue screen. What could be wrong? I can send things, just cannot open anything!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one having problems with hotmail. I can't attach pics or send certain email. I get a screen that says I have to open new account and that I have to redo my account and that they don't send hotmail format and on and on and on...So tired of it. I wish they would leave things that aren't broke alone. Any help is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.