Hello all,
I've recently had a problem with my pc, but it is fixed noe, but during the process I did some sort of system restore (advice from a support line). This changed the adress of some of my files on i-tunes and on my rome total war game. The i-tunes cd had a repair function so that is fine, but the toatal war game does not work. I have tried deleting it, but am left with a listing in the add/remove program list. When I try to remove the programme, nothing happens. Any suggestions on how to remove it so I can re-install?
I've been told I should use a tweak programme(?).
Any help is much appreciated

PS I know bugger all about computers as you may have already gussed! :-)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello all,
I've recently had a problem with my pc, but it is fixed noe, but during the process I did some sort of system restore (advice from a support line). This changed the adress of some of my files on i-tunes and on my rome total war game. The i-tunes cd had a repair function so that is fine, but the toatal war game does not work. I have tried deleting it, but am left with a listing in the add/remove program list. When I try to remove the programme, nothing happens. Any suggestions on how to remove it so I can re-install?
I've been told I should use a tweak programme(?).
Any help is much appreciated

PS I know bugger all about computers as you may have already gussed! :-)

Have you tried to reinstall it without uninstalingl it ,and don't use that dreded word Delete.unless that is you mean you actually deleted the games folder and then tryed uninstall in add/remove programs .

Hi Caperjack,

Yes I have tried to delete the game, using CCleaner that I downloaded. So I have now removed it from the add/remove program list, but when I put the game disk in, it still only has an uninstall option. When selected nothing happens. I also found a repair option in the games folder, but after waiting for ages while it configured the game, it still doesn't work. The game is obviously still lurking on my pc somewhere, but I can't find it to remove it! Any suggetions?

Hi Caperjack,

Yes I have tried to delete the game, using CCleaner that I downloaded. So I have now removed it from the add/remove program list, but when I put the game disk in, it still only has an uninstall option. When selected nothing happens. I also found a repair option in the games folder, but after waiting for ages while it configured the game, it still doesn't work. The game is obviously still lurking on my pc somewhere, but I can't find it to remove it! Any suggetions?

not sure ,i would look around the c:\ program file ,folder for a folder with the games name or the maker of the game on it and delete that ,also i would search the registry for it ,but as you are a novice computer the registry is no place for you to start editing .sorry .

Ok, I'll have another look around. Thanks for your help....Philip

Ok, I'll have another look around. Thanks for your help....Philip

If you just want to remove something from the Add/Remove Programs List:

click Start
click run
type regedit

You need to go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
->SOFTWARE
->Microsoft
->Windows
->CurrentVersion
->Uninstall

This is where the list of items that appear in your Add/Remove Programs list resides.

Most of them go by name, and you can just delete the whole folder for the program you do not want to appear in the list.

Occasionally they have a load of runnish instead of the name liek this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}

These are usually MS or system wide settings.
BUT clicking on each one individually should provide you with enough information to help you find this program that you want to remove from the list.

Making changes to this list does not effect the use of program, this is only useful if you have removed a program, but it has left an entry in the Add/Remove Programs list.

Hope that Helps

SE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.