Hi after my computer boots it gets stuck on a black screen with a mouse cursor in the middle. I have been researching and reading for a solution but have not found one that works for me. I can't boot into safe mode or even safe mode with command prompt so i cant do any registry fixes which some people suggest. Iv also tried last known good configuration but that didnt work either. ctrl + alt + delete doesn't work either. iv tried doing a clean install and using the windows diagnostics and recovery toolset version 6. but they havnt worked either after the loading files bar the KSOD comes back again, it is like the computer cannot read the discs or it wont boot from them. Please does anyone have any solutions that i may try? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

@ puk

Try booting with Windows (edit) Setup Disk and running the chkdsk from recovery console.

@ Silviubogan

That's like saying "I turned off the PC and the problem was gone"

... and, saying the L word in THIS forum?

You're holding a fire extinguisher, aren't you?
If not, you should be, 'coz you're looking for flames...

@ puk

Try booting with XP Setup CD and running the chkdsk from recovery console.

@ Silviubogan

That's like saying "I turned off the PC and the problem was gone"

... and, saying the L word in THIS forum?

You're holding a fire extinguisher, aren't you?
If not, you should be, 'coz you're looking for flames...

Yeah... that's my opinion. Maybe God will forgive me.

God will. People won't.

use windows bootable cd nad run chkdsk. if you found that the problem is in operating system then repair windows with that cd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.