I Have Been Locked Out Of My Adminastrator Account I Think The Password Could Have Been Changed. I Can Access The Computer In Other Accounts With No privilages Tho. Plz Can Annyone Help Me

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Look for a tool that is called Locksmith.
This will allow u to change the PW without knowing the current one

It is, u just start it, select the account to change the password for, enter new password et voila :)

Drove my colleagues at work mad for a while ^^

i am having a similar problem only i do not have acces to other accounts, will this tool work for me? or is ther an easier way to fix this eg safemode etc. if so how would i get into safe mode?

i am having a similar problem only i do not have acces to other accounts, will this tool work for me? or is ther an easier way to fix this eg safemode etc. if so how would i get into safe mode?

At the first beep on boot, press F8 a few times and you'll boot to a plain screen menu. Select SAFE MODE and log in as Administrator. There should be no password unless you've consciously changed it or a Trojan has hijacked the registry entry.

Good luck.

it worked thanks a ton

With regards to Locksmith.... must it be installed on the machine with the lost password? Will you need to be logged on as another user and run the Locksmith interface, which allows you to select the broken account and reset the password? I'm not familiar with the Locksmith software....i'm familair with L0phtCrack application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.