Hi everyone,
I did a clean install of windows xp pro and now no sound. I have an Asus p5p800-vm motherboard and American Megatrenda bios 0502 5/26/2006. I have the video and audio drivers installed but it says no audio device installed. Also I can't load some video games. I have checked volume, mute, device manager, sounds and audio devices in the control panel. I have been in the bios and reset to default settings, I have reloaded drivers. Has anyone got any other sugestions?
Dave

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are you using the built in audio or have you got a plug in card?

Are you using same drivers and XP build that came with system originally. Service Packs for XP did break a few drivers and apps along the way. Advice would be to update XP to latest SP and all updates, then look for latest drivers from component manufacturers.

Are you using the built in audio or have you got a plug in card?

onboard audio and video.

Are you using same drivers and XP build that came with system originally. Service Packs for XP did break a few drivers and apps along the way. Advice would be to update XP to latest SP and all updates, then look for latest drivers from component manufacturers.

No, I don't have the original disks, I have sp 3 installed and updated. Also downloaded drivers from asus home page.

Boot into safe mode INSTRUCTIONS, then remove everything to do with audio in device manager INSTRUCTIONS then restart in normal mode and reinstall your audio drivers.

Thanks, all better now. The install wizard was different this time, don't know why but it works now.

glad to hear it. Jst remember to mark as solved to prevent endless re-posting :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.