I lost my icon in the system tray and have the box checked. It does nothing. Is there a section in the registry to fix this?

I lost my icon in the system tray and have the box checked. It does nothing. Is there a section in the registry to fix this?

Tried rebooting?

Here's what I found in another forum. The person posting the problem said this solution worked for him.....

If you think you have all files in place you could try this Registry fix. Select and copy all the text after the dotted lines only then paste into Notepad. Now save the file as FixVolumeIcon.txt or a name of your choice to the Desktop. Exit Notepad and right click on the saved file and choose Rename from the Menu. Rename the file to FixVolumeIcon.reg. Now right click on the file again and choose Merge to insert into your Registry, You can also double click on the file to do the same thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor er]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SystemTray"="SysTray.Exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Nla]
"Start"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netman]
"Start"=dword:00000002

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.