Hey a few days ago we had a power outage while i wasnt home. Came back and turned on the computer and it keeps freezing. Ill start up, log on, and get to the desktop. Then if i click any icons it freezes. I tried running norton but it scanned only 48 files in 30 minutes before it just froze. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful since thats the computer i use to run my business from. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

maybe something is wrong with the hard drive.

Goto my computer right click on the hard drive icon, click on tools and click on error checking.

the only way i can do that is in safe mode. so i would go and click check errors and it says it cant do it while in use would i like to schedule it to run on the next boot up. so i said yes and restarted and nothing. i know earlier when i was looking through posts someone had done command prompt in safe mode and did a restore point and said it worked. if i can find that again i will try that next.

in safe mode go to stat /al lprograms/accessories/system tools/system restore

After a power failure is very possible to have problems with your hard drive. You should try a system restore. If this thing doesn't work you can run check disk. If the problem persists you must reinstall your OS.

You could also see if there are any clues in event viewer. INSTRUCTIONS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.