Hello all, Firstly I want to start by saying that I have had a difficulty with my laptop keyboard (previous post "IE keeps opening by itself". I haven't replaced it as the maufacturer has gone out of business. My current problem is that the left ctrl button does not work e.g. ctrl a, ctrl c, ctrl alt del (however ctrl PrtScr works). Is there any easy "for dummies" solution to this - I've been reading things relating to windows registry but do not want to meddle with things i do not really understand. Thanks in advance, Karg

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

does the right ctrl not work?

is the key sticking or anything?

Has the Key dropped off?

Hello Xlphos

Thanks for quick response, keys is very free, had keyboard out the other day and all keys seem in good order, not sticking, not dirty etc. The right one seems to work for everything I need (bar ctrl alt del). Thanks, Karf

does the right ctrl not work?

is the key sticking or anything?

Has the Key dropped off?

Not a problem it doesn't fix your left CTRL key but you can use your right one for now or until you manage to fix it.

Do you know of any quick fix solution to it, its just do a lot of inputting and its a nuisance, (I know- I want the impossible!)

Sorry no, apart from using another USB keyboard.

Yeah I think that's the line I may go down, thanks again Karg

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.