There are two Programs on my xp computer ad-aware SE Personal and Microsoft antispyware, do you think it is a good to have a third like spybot.
Thank-you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I personally use both ad-aware and spybot because they both always get what the other didnt. It guess it wouldnt hurt to have one more with the almount of crap on the net these days :rolleyes:

You should also get a couple of spyware blockers becides the microsoft antispyware one .,check the link in my signature ,software tools ,on the left click on software ,then spyware prevention ,i used/use all 3 mentioned ,although i no longer use spywareguard because i too use the microdoft anti spyware and it does a realtime check of you computer .

Thank you for your help
Peter from the U.K
Skype zziplex

Thank you for your help
Peter from the U.K
Skype zziplex

Your Welcome Peter !

I would personally prefer to use Spy Sweeper(www.webroot.com) , BulletProof Spyware Remover(www.bulletproofsoft.com), and Microsoft's AntiSpyware(http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/5/815d2d60-49b5-44dc-ae35-fca2f2c6f0cc/MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe)
*who says only genuine Windows users can use Microsoft's AntiSpyware? :twisted:

All 3 of this antispyware tools provide real time scanning and other additional useful functions.

Tips: Combine the use of registry cleaners to keep your computer 100% clean from spyware because antispyware tools sometimes removes the core spyware/adware files only. And last but not least, use Firefox for minimum adware/spyware headaches.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.