Is it possible to have formatting characters ie, paragraph marks, spaces print in a Word (2003)doc ??? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I dont think its a tweek Lady A. I'm moving it to windows software forum so that you can be answered by appropriate people.

Is it possible to have formatting characters ie, paragraph marks, spaces print in a Word (2003)doc ??? :?:

For Word 2003, see if this helps:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051883801033.aspx

In Word 2000, it works like this (in case it helps): with Word open, go to Tools, and then Options. In the Options window, click on the View tab; you should see a section on Formatting marks, just check whichever ones you like (or All), and click OK to exit.

I just reread your question and now I'm not sure if you're asking to be able to just view them or to actually print them. If you want to print, go to the same Options window, but select the Print tab. I'm not sure which one it would be, but I would try, in this order, Hidden text, and then Draft output, and finally, if the others didn't work, Field codes. If none of those work, try some of the others, I'm sure one of them will do the trick.

It will be interesting to see if the other forum comes up with anything. So far my efforts have been futile.

Followed the steps you provided, but no success. Apparently Mr. Gates thinks in terms of 'viewing' formatting codes but not actually 'printing' them :o(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.