I am not sure why, but suddenly my computer is affected with BSOD. I tried in safe mode several times but still having BSOD, so i tried my luck and open my windows with debugging mode.

uploaded minidump, please help!

i uploaded with zip file since i have problem uploading the source file

p/s: to update, i just remember i downloaded a file and i got mass virus and mass bsod. my friend who also downloaded the file has no problem at all.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

From what you've said, your easiest and quickest option would be to wipe the hard drive and and do a clean install of your OS.
You could take the drive out and slave it to another PC to get any important files you need.

so ur saying my harddisk is spoil or the virus has infected my harddisk?

i used McAfee to do a full scanning twice and removed all the infected files. but the problem is still there.

would you mind to tell me about the minidump? what did the minidump say errors

Info on minidump;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263
If your PC has become infected in a way that your standard Anti-Virus programs cannot completely remove it (even though they say they have), then it becomes a drawn out process, by someone with the knowledge of removing said infections (HJT Tech).
That's why I mentioned it to be faster and easier just to reformat the drive and re-install your OS.

uh ok i have a few questions about the virus.

will they have access to my data? password etc.

will they have access to my computer?

uh ok i have a few questions about the virus.

ok

will they have access to my data? password etc.

quick answer is yes ,if that was there intent

will they have access to my computer?

quick answer is yes ,if that is there intent, and you will never know for sure if you got it all cleaned .

I agree with adamsappleone ,save data if you have any worth saving and format and reinstall windows

i already scanned with McAfee and no virus was found, so i suppose the virus is -removed- but my OS is already damaged and need to reinstall to fix it right?

i already scanned with McAfee and no virus was found, so i suppose the virus is -removed- but my OS is already damaged and need to reinstall to fix it right?

Damaged is not the correct word to be using ,words like Corrupt ,infected are better ,and just because you scanned with McAfee doesn't mean its clean ,as McAfee ranks in the bottom 10 or 20.if you want to spend some time with a pro ,and remove all with a varity of software scans check out the virus section of this forum ,
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.