I'm surely not the only person that has had this problem. I have a WEB Server an NT 4.0 SP 6a box with IIS 3.0 installed. I thought I would give FrontPage 2000 SP 3 a shot, tried a demo page yesterday, it created the Access database but the new page that was to update the database would not update the database. Later I tried to create a new WEB and when I went to send to Database the option was disabled. I have updated everything I can think of between last night and today but still disabled. Any Ideas?

Developing on XP Pro SP2 to the NT 4.0 Server. I even installed FrontPage on the Server with latest service pack and it too has the "Send to Database" option disabled.

Mike :(

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Corey Bryant

Is the folder that the db is in writeable? And do you have FP server extensions installed on the server?

I have fixed that problem finally, the extensions were installed. The Access database must have been in a Writeable area since I could manually update it. Today I created a WEB page talking to SQL Server Database that works just fine from other client applications. The page is supposed to display all records in a list but I get;

1. No Errors
2. No Data
3. No "No records found" message

I just get the Headings and the Navigation buttons.

Do you develop WEB pages that SPECIFICALLY Read/Update Databases?

Mike

Glad it works - yes we do do that actually. And I have been working with some type of FP for about 10 yrs & help run a FP board actually. My errors & problems with FP always seems to help others :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.