Hello,

Whenever I play movies in WMP, or Quick Time, or Real Player, after a few minutes, the screen that the movie is playing in starts flashing green very fast. Then the programs starts running slow and I have to turn it off, then open it back up to stop the green flashing.

And then I have to keep repeating the process every few minutes. Any ideas on why it does this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sarah

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

maybe its your codec, or your video drive, try reinstalling quicktime, WMV, quicktime, and video driver. Im not sure how to reinstall your video drive but, you could look it up. Maybe some of these people know.

maybe its your codec, or your video drive, try reinstalling quicktime, WMV, quicktime, and video driver. Im not sure how to reinstall your video drive but, you could look it up. Maybe some of these people know.

I've reinstalled my video drivers, and that seemed to help for about a day, then it went back to the same thing :(.

May be your screen saver is playing something with you ... turn off the screen saver and then check the results.

This usually relates to a conflict between video drivers and DirectDraw. Ensure you have the latest versions of DirectX and your Display driver installed.

Get the latest version of DirectX from Windows update.

Get the latest version of your display driver from:

* The system manufacturer website if it's a 'name brand' PC with onboard video
* The motherboard manufacturer website if it's a 'white box' or homebuilt PC with onboard video
* www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com if it's an NVidia or ATi display card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.