Lets do this lets see who can keep up a Windows Based server up the longest. I will start with my entry with www.fiberops.net/temp/102Days.jpg I would love to see us build a soild stable Windows Farm.

Hehe will see who the winner is.

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I have just reset my network connection the other day. Is there any other way to tell how long Windows has been up for? However, my other network connection says 18 days. Pretty impressive for a main computer that has a load of shit installed that I use for everything.

I have just reset my network connection the other day. Is there any other way to tell how long Windows has been up for? However, my other network connection says 18 days. Pretty impressive for a main computer that has a load of shit installed that I use for everything.

Not that I know of Dani I know there is a thrid party software but, nothing is like the network connection dialog box.

Isn't there a way to see how long a process has been running? Just do a little math with running time from explorer.
I think my best was 37 days, before the system locked up. It was a dual p133 server that does nothing but give me an extra harddrive on my network. It'll randomly lock up occationally.

Every 10-20 days I will post a update on the uptime.

Oh yeah forgot to add this Windows box is on Windows .NET Build Beta Series. That's right .NET baby not quiet yet 2003.

Will I am up on 110 days and still going. We will see how far it really goes UPS is no more and LA is having power problems I hope I will make it through the summer.

This build you really can't "Update" it because the updates you see are not meant for this build. Another thing is I happen to be a MS beta tester so there is no timer. Also if you remember about 1 1/2 year ago MS sent out beta testers the 20 CD kit this happened to the be one of many flavors of Win .NET/2003

mirc can tell you :)

We have a system at work that was rebooted today to unload something from memory.
(WinNT Enterprise fileserver)

It has been running for 7 months 16 days and 20 hours.

from 09/23/2003 17:15:55 to 04/09/2004 13:15:52

I think we win? :cheesy:

Not yet I am at 120 days also man where is a screenshot hehe come on now.

This is going to be the longest contest ever.

Ha if you guys can even catch up sorry your chances are slim haha

How would you even know when to end this? This could go on for decades...

Someone will get shut down, then someone else will be in the leader. It will never stop.

I know but, this is about me not anybody else haha just kidding that's what makes this topic so intersting. I wish you all luck because your going to need it.

140 Days hits tomorrow I will have the newest picture of 150 days. Sorry guys so far I am still in the lead we had 104 degree temp here in LA on Tuesday I was upstairs and the air conditioning died but, my 333mhz box is still processing and still running woohoo

Isn't there a way to see how long a process has been running? Just do a little math with running time from explorer.
I think my best was 37 days, before the system locked up. It was a dual p133 server that does nothing but give me an extra harddrive on my network. It'll randomly lock up occationally.

Yeah go to Task Manager under Processes Tab and look at the time. Shows how long eachand every process has been up for.

Well the power went out and of course UPS's also work and last so long. I will be posting a picture sometime this week of the uptime I got. Sadly I know it was at 151 days. But I only have a picture of 148 days. This has been a sad day the file server and it never has been the same.

R.I.P. Windows Uptime.

Member Avatar for TKSS

151 days is still nothing to shake a stick at! That's a ton of uptime for a winblows box.

Well that's the end of the road sorry guys stupid power strip ruined this! 148 days is the only proof I have.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.