I will reformat my computer and my problem is I do not know how to install the drivers necessary for my hardware. How will I know what driver will I install?Please guide me. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I will reformat my computer and my problem is I do not know how to install the drivers necessary for my hardware. How will I know what driver will I install?Please guide me. Thank you.

hi, start with the motherboard cd that you should have gottin when you bought your computer ,you reall should have checked device manger before you reloaded for names and model of the devices you were using ,that's assuming your computer was working before you formated , also if you have no cd ,get this program [ http://www.filehippo.com/download_sandra_lite/download/cf21dd500c085e40c7dfd94275a6e6eb/ ]and run it it will tell you what devices[and there model numbers ] you have and then you can go to manufacturers web sites for necessary drivers

I need more information when it comes to downloading appropriate drivers.

Hi,
Caperjack has given you the site to tell you what drivers you will need. After running it you can Google the driver required and follow the on-site instructions. And the Cd that came with your PC has all the drivers for your Motherboard, just insert it and install the drivers automatically.
If that is all too hard for you, Go to:-
http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Backup/3000-2242_4-10694017.html
Download "Driver Backup" run it, save your drivers to a removable device, format your PC and after re-loading windows you can use the saved program to reinstall the drivers.
Note:- Be warned, there could be problems running your PC without any drivers. You will not be able to access the internet, and your PC should run very slowly and with low resolution on your monitor.

I need more information when it comes to downloading appropriate drivers.

ok,lets go back abit,
1-did you format the computer yet
2-if so did you reinstall windows yet
3-if yes ,did you install the program i suggested
4-do you have the motherboard cd that came with the computer
please answer all ? to proceed

I do not reformat it right now because I do not know exactly what to do. I do not have the CD for my motherboard.

Caperjack has given you the best advice, follow it and you should not have any problems. Don't post back and say I don't know how, follow his advice, it is simple, just ensure that you do as he said and go to the manufactures web sites and download the drivers before you format your drive.
Step 1. download the program Caperjack told you to download.
Step 2. Run the program.
Step 3. Note all the hardware with model numbers.
Step 4. Search the internet for the drivers for all that hardware.
Step 5. download and save on removable media the drivers required for each piece of hardware.
Step 6. Format you hard drive.
Step 7. Install Windows.
Step 8. install a virus prevention program and maybe an anti-malware program and update Windows from Windows update site.
Step 9. Load your drivers from the removable media.
Step 10. Come back here, mark the thread as solved, thank Caperjack and add to his reputation.
Step 11. Enjoy using your PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.