im trying to get the driver for my standard VGA graphics adapter working but nothing helps, ive downloaded and re installed it 5 times so far and its still showing me an error, any help with this problem would be appreciated thanks

Dell inspiron 1525
Intel celeron cpu 560 @ 2.12Ghz
1 gig of ram
32 bit operating system ( windows vista )

thanh nam commented: goog +0

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

im trying to get the driver for my standard VGA graphics adapter working but nothing helps, ive downloaded and re installed it 5 times so far and its still showing me an error, any help with this problem would be appreciated thanks

Dell inspiron 1525
Intel celeron cpu 560 @ 2.12Ghz
1 gig of ram
32 bit operating system ( windows vista )

hi,no standard vga graphics is what vista is using ,you need to find out what video adaper you have and install the drivers for it.
go to deel.com and use you service tag #,should be on you computer case somewhere ,you should find video controller drivers that way

the deel.com you told me to go to is some fake search website so not sure what else to do

the deel.com you told me to go to is some fake search website so not sure what else to do

sorry typo .shold have been www.dell.com, sorry but you own the dell and should have caught that one

yep, just google for "dell support". Click drivers and downloads, and enter your service tag. Download your video driver there (make sure you get the correct one, there may be 2 or 3, if you havent got an add-in card, it will be the intel one)

Oh, dear me.
"Deel"? "Soundcard"?
Caperjack got it mostly right, though.
At the Dell site, use your service tag to identify the proper adapter, then download the driver.

Oh, dear me.
"Deel"? "Soundcard"?

Yeah that was a typo. now fixed. meant to type service tag (dont quite know how that happened lol)

I made a mistake once...

I made a mistake once...

me to,in 1996 I got a 486 computer for my daughter ,she
didn't like it so i got into it ,so as not to wast the 750 dollars i paid for it .nuff said

Related question...I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 which I found has a Mobility Radeon™ X1300 video card (based on the service tag). According to every source that I've found on the matter, including the Dell and Windows 7 websites themselves, the 1XXX series is no longer supported, including for Windows 7. So, my question is...Will there likely be a driver released to enable full compatibility with Windows 7 at some point in the near future by an independent source (or, for some reason, Dell or Microsoft), or am I just going to have to live with the crappy resolution that I have to deal with right now?

As a side note, I also found that some Vista drivers are said to be fully compatible with Windows 7, but I have the most recent version for my adapter. That must be for supported adapters, though, right?

Thanks for your help.

Related question...I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 which I found has a Mobility Radeon™ X1300 video card (based on the service tag). According to every source that I've found on the matter, including the Dell and Windows 7 websites themselves, the 1XXX series is no longer supported, including for Windows 7. So, my question is...Will there likely be a driver released to enable full compatibility with Windows 7 at some point in the near future by an independent source (or, for some reason, Dell or Microsoft), or am I just going to have to live with the crappy resolution that I have to deal with right now?

As a side note, I also found that some Vista drivers are said to be fully compatible with Windows 7, but I have the most recent version for my adapter. That must be for supported adapters, though, right?

Thanks for your help.

so you have the latest vista driver install on win7 ,correct ,did you right click on the desktop ,chose screen resolution/advanced settings/monitor ,check the refresh rate ,what is it showing ,maybe it need to be adjusted up or down

so you have the latest vista driver install on win7 ,correct ,did you right click on the desktop ,chose screen resolution/advanced settings/monitor ,check the refresh rate ,what is it showing ,maybe it need to be adjusted up or down

As far as I know, it is the latest version (6.1.7600.16385, released 6/21/2006) according to the auto-update. I tried installing the various packages, like catalyst, omega, etc, but they wouldn't install properly or at all. These have apparently resolved this issue for others, based on the troubleshooting threads that I surfed. For me, it appears that the device manager is automatically defaulting to the above driver. I've had people more experienced than me try to help, but they couldn't figure it out.

I cannot change the refresh rate. It is set to the hardware default (actual value not displayed) and cannot be changed.

Related question...I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 which I found has a Mobility Radeon™ X1300 video card (based on the service tag). According to every source that I've found on the matter, including the Dell and Windows 7 websites themselves, the 1XXX series is no longer supported

Did you even bother to look on the ATI site? The Win7 drivers are right here... took me like 3 seconds to find them!

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx?type=2.4.2&product=&lang=English&rev=9.9&ostype=Windows%207%20Beta%20-%2032-Bit%20Edition

If you cant get the suite to install, just unzip it with 7zip, and point the HW wizard to search for new drivers there.

If you cant get the suite to install, just unzip it with 7zip, and point the HW wizard to search for new drivers there.

I'll give it a shot...again. Up until now, I directed the wizard to search in the directories of the newly installed packages for compatible drivers, but it never found any. I selected manually what I could find with the same results (unrecognized).

I'll give it a shot...again. Up until now, I directed the wizard to search in the directories of the newly installed packages for compatible drivers, but it never found any. I selected manually what I could find with the same results (unrecognized).

I go to "update driver" and browse to the ATI directory. It then tells me, once again, that the best driver is already installed. I then try to uninstall the driver, but it will not let me modify anything else without restarting the computer. When the computer restarts, it automatically finds the same damn driver and installs it. Is there a work around for this that I'm missing? Also, how do I know if one of the drivers in the suites will work if my wizard won't even acknowledge their existence !?

hi Dell site for your model laptop shows lates driver for Vista 32 bit as 5/21/07 - 8.36-070314a have you tried that
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400%2FE1505&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

Yes, that was the first thing that I tried before resorting to ATI or even third party sources. When I try to download the driver, it instead forces me to install a "Dell Driver Download Manager". Once that's done, it instructs me to add the drivers that I want to my list, which I have done, BUT it won't recognize that they are there, and I've yet to find a work around on that site. Could it be that the download manager is not liking 7 for some reason? Is there another source for that particular driver?

Yes, that was the first thing that I tried before resorting to ATI or even third party sources. When I try to download the driver, it instead forces me to install a "Dell Driver Download Manager". Once that's done, it instructs me to add the drivers that I want to my list, which I have done, BUT it won't recognize that they are there, and I've yet to find a work around on that site. Could it be that the download manager is not liking 7 for some reason? Is there another source for that particular driver?

i chose vista as os ,go to the video link at the bottom open it and click on download for ati driver and it gave me an option download mager or download with browser ,so i chose browser over download manager and it downloaded for me

i chose vista as os ,go to the video link at the bottom open it and click on download for ati driver and it gave me an option download mager or download with browser ,so i chose browser over download manager and it downloaded for me

...Wow. I never thought that firefox would fail me and internet explorer save the day (I tried it on a hunch). I had the option to choose with explorer but not firefox.

I'll mess with this for a while and then call it a night. I've spent way too much time on this today. Thanks for the help.

yeah ,firefox can be funny like that

yeah ,firefox can be funny like that

The Dell driver worked. Thanks.

The Dell driver worked. Thanks.

your welcome

Marked as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.