Hi all, my computer has begun to act up... it was at first giving me an MFC error whenever i would try to burn/decrypt/encode movies, now it is freezing certain files. It wont let me delete these files, it keeps giving an error this file is in use by another process... sounds like a virus to me. I have run Norton 2003/2004, Freedom, Pandasoftware, HJT, AdAware, Spybot, The Cleaner.... none of them return any negitive results... they all state infection free. My only next assumption is to pull out my bootdisk and start from scratch. I would prefer not to have to do this....... ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It seems to me that a process is still using some of the files. Do you during start up get any programs that use CD's?

It seems to me that a process is still using some of the files. Do you during start up get any programs that use CD's?

nope i have shut down most of the services, the only one program i have that starts up is remote admin. i have tried with/without all services enabled.... still no avail. i check processes through task manager and i dont see any strange or unuseual ones running, but still dosent let me delete the file.

Just out of curiousity- what are the names of the files in question?

What is the program that you are using? And what is your OS?
I think there maybe more (click here) people out there with the same problem.

What is the program that you are using? And what is your OS?
I think there maybe more (click here) people out there with the same problem.

OS is xp pro, files are any movies, trying to encode or decrypt using dvddecrypter or instantcopy or movie factory or cucuesoft... its generally with anything to do with converting,burning these movie files.

alright, lets make a little experiment to find what the error is:

First do what you try to do, to get the error message

than

Go to Start-->Run

type
evenvwr.msc

go to application log

show us what the newest errors are.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.