Hi all,I have a a shared drive under win server 2003.In it i have a foxpro application which used by all users in the network\domain.They access it via shortcuts i have created on their desktops pointing to the application in shared drive(V:\shaggy\shaggy.exe) which is mapped to all the client machines.I noticed some users were messing up with some crucial files.I want to restrict them from accessing the shared drive while at the same time having the application running well.Now,i have tried removing rights to the drive in the server but the app wont run.Anyone with any suggestion or idea on a way around this?

Hi all,I have a a shared drive under win server 2003.In it i have a foxpro application which used by all users in the network\domain.They access it via shortcuts i have created on their desktops pointing to the application in shared drive(V:\shaggy\shaggy.exe) which is mapped to all the client machines.I noticed some users were messing up with some crucial files.I want to restrict them from accessing the shared drive while at the same time having the application running well.Now,i have tried removing rights to the drive in the server but the app wont run.Anyone with any suggestion or idea on a way around this?

As a temporary solution assign all permission to everyone and stydy about permission assignments.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.