I switched on my computer and then it said windows loading after that a blue screen came up with the following stop error

STOP ERROR

OX00000024 (OX001902FE,OXF79FF958,OXF79FF654,OXF76EEOA7)

ZSRHFUJHAPPK7.SYS ADDRESS F77AEQA7 BASE AT F77A4OOO
DATE STAMP 4ADEAFE6

I think it refers to hardware that was installed but i cant remember doing that. Before that i had trojons but my virus scanner cleaned them.
The only way i can log on is through safe mode option last know good configuration.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I cant run chkdsk when i load the xp cd i get as far as the message windows is starting up then the blue screen comes on again with the same message. I am really cheesed off now please help. PS i can only get into the computer if i log on through safe mode last known good configuration, then there no problem.

Hi,
Boot up in safe mode,
Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists. If it is still the same...

Boot up in safe mode again, right click your drive in "My computer" "Properties" "tools" tab "Check now" put a check in both boxes and reboot and let windows check your disk.

I carried out all your instructions but when i rebooted the system check started and stoped saying cannot open the volumn for direct excess.

Hi,
Boot up in safe mode,
Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists. If it is still the same...

Boot up in safe mode again, right click your drive in "My computer" "Properties" "tools" tab "Check now" put a check in both boxes and reboot and let windows check your disk.

I carried out all your instructions but when i rebooted the system check started and stoped saying cannot open the volumn for direct excess.

Finally solved the problem, after i carried out your instructions i was able to get into safe mode only and open as administrator i then went to reg edit and typed in the name of the file it came up as some sort of anti virus programme i think it was a rogue one i maybe downloaded. I deleted the reg key and went to syst 32 drivers and deleted that file to. I then rebooted up and everything worked fine. Just one prob i have to press f1 ket to carry on as it says floppy disc not regonised, i went to bios and disabled it but still have same prob press f1 to continue my computer is dell dimension e520. I want to thank all those who have helped with my problems.

Hi again,
If you are happy, please mark the thread as solved, if you still want assistance leave it open and ask for more help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.