Hi all first time on here so please help.
Iam running windows 2000 on my laptop and now when launching explorer the links bar and the standard button bars have vanished. I have tried all the normal things to try and get them back but cant. I have run anti virus and discovered that one file (dmyyy.exe) reports that it has a reading error. the file is in
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMYYY.EXE I have also found out that i cant download anything from any security site including microsoft.

Plzzzzzzzzz help

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Not a virus problem. Just right click your file menu and if you have a checkmark next to Lock the Toolbars uncheck it and click on Standard Buttons and Address Bar.

Thanks for the reply but i had already tried that. Even the bar with file on has vanished plzzzz help

Not a virus problem. Just right click your file menu and if you have a checkmark next to Lock the Toolbars uncheck it and click on Standard Buttons and Address Bar.

Thanks for the reply but i had already tried that. Even the bar with file on has vanished plzzzz help

Many thanks but how do i navigate to this or find out where it is. I tried it in the address bar?
Regards

Run the batch file and it will do it for you or click start, choose Run and execute regedit. Then navigate to that key.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.