I have windows xp installed on my computer.When i try to pres shut down button with my mouse it doesnt work or it just shows blue screen with message "windows is shutting down" butt i wait and system is not shutting down.

Please answer to me how to resolve my windows shutting down problem!

Answer please!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I have windows xp installed on my computer.When i try to pres shut down button with my mouse it doesnt work or it just shows blue screen with message "windows is shutting down" butt i wait and system is not shutting down.

Please answer to me how to resolve my windows shutting down problem!

Answer please!

try alt+ctrl+del, use end task make sure all applications are shut down first then try turning off windows

The last time I check for my friend. He has to change the motherboard because of the cheap that control the power got burn. I am trying not to scare you but just check it out just in case. I may be wrong.

sounds a lot like what i said except the registry edit

Hi caperjack,
I was directing him mainly to the registry edit, I have had problems in the past and I now use that tweak. Since I have set it up, windows never hangs for any time on shutdown. Sorry if it sounded like I was repeating your post that was not my intention.

Just do this

now i am sending a solution

(ctrl+alt+del).
task manager
In that shutdown option is there.

use that way.

Hi caperjack,
I was directing him mainly to the registry edit, I have had problems in the past and I now use that tweak. Since I have set it up, windows never hangs for any time on shutdown. Sorry if it sounded like I was repeating your post that was not my intention.

i know ,i think my alterego was drunk again, sorry

i think my alterego was drunk again,

I love it.................. you come up with some goodies....

I love it.................. you come up with some goodies....

i have to, cant let "arunanoopm"be the only one coming up with the good ones

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.