PC was working fine then could no longer access internet via IE. Installed Firefox and get "server not found" error. The network is fine since I can ping sites and get responses. Not sure where to look next.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Maybe you have some programs running on background that blocking your website access. On other thread i read that some components of Norton still runs and you can use the Norton Remove Tool from the Symantec website to remove it and then restart and it will work again.
Hope it helps.

Maybe you have some programs running on background that blocking your website access. On other thread i read that some components of Norton still runs and you can use the Norton Remove Tool from the Symantec website to remove it and then restart and it will work again.
Hope it helps.

That looks like it solved the problem, thanks.

No problem, great if it helps. Let me know if you have more problems.
Have a nice day.

WoW! how did you know he was having a problem with nortons,when there was o mention of it!! in his post

WoW! how did you know he was having a problem with nortons,when there was o mention of it!! in his post

I just guess it because i read on other thread there is similar issue with norton. It is pure luck lol. But the point is there are some program on background that blocks the internet access. I am happy if i can help others.

I am happy if i can help others.

Me To ,Me To, lord god almighty Me To ,lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.