Ok... I work in hotel and one of my designated tasks is maintaining our guest computers. I would like a to implement a system of accounts so I can manage who used the computer when. Is there anyway of setting something like this up?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. I want to be able to see individual logon user accounts. such as "# 5:logon 2:30pm, # 22:logon 3:45am, # 1, ect... I imagine I would need some kind of special software to do this I just dont if I do. And if I do, what kind.

Thanks

You may need some hardware firewall like sonicwall or a proxy server to monitor these traffic.

Yes. I didn't read his second post properly. If he is only concern with the logon and logoff, auditing via policies will be sufficient.

im sure there is software available to do this.. give google a try

how many computers are we talking about? how many users? desktops or laptops.. any netowrk?

Its just one desktop. There could be as many as 72 different guests that could log onto the computer.

Thanks Mad Dog I had no idea what the event viewer was used for. I guess it's name should have given it away.

Sorry for not being in more detail I was tired as I am now.

Start / Settings / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.