Win 7 64

Hi, this problem began when my computer/program crashed while running frets on fire.

After reboot I got a message that mscorwks.dll could not be laoded so I ran
sfc /scannow

but this did not fix it so I used takeown to take ownership of the entire folder and subfolders and deleted it and replace them with copies of the files from a fresh install (.net sp1 and sp2 files as well).

I then reinstalled frets on fire but the program is still running slow.

Anyone know what the problem is here and how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Win 7 64

hi,did it ever run fast

Win 7 64

Hi, this problem began when my computer/program crashed while running frets on fire.

After reboot I got a message that mscorwks.dll could not be laoded so I ran
sfc /scannow

but this did not fix it so I used takeown to take ownership of the entire folder and subfolders and deleted it and replace them with copies of the files from a fresh install (.net sp1 and sp2 files as well).

If you're fearing that .NET is your culprit, might I suggest using the cleanup tool and re-installing it. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7A4EFC33-0343-4EE4-B0C4-97BD16967A09&displaylang=en

Thing is because I use Win 7 64 it won't let me reinstall as such, hence why I installed .net 2.0 on a virtual machine and then moved the files over. Today I even copied the .NET registry files and imported them in.

If you're fearing that .NET is your culprit, might I suggest using the cleanup tool and re-installing it. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7A4EFC33-0343-4EE4-B0C4-97BD16967A09&displaylang=en

@caperjack: I think its fairly obvious that the program in question did run faster before this incident.

@caperjack: "I think its fairly obvious that the program in question did run faster before this incident."
I didn't think it was or is obvious as you neglected to make any statement to indicate it either way.
"I then reinstalled frets on fire but the program is still running slow."
That sounds like it was always running slow!!
"this problem began when my computer/program crashed while running frets on fire." That sounded like it only just started after you installed Frets on fire!!
I think the only thing obvious is that it is not obvious what you are saying.

its all obvious ,bye bye

OK apologies if that seemed rude, it wasn't meant to be.
BUT, the title of this thread is:
.net framework program is now running slow

@caperjack: "I think its fairly obvious that the program in question did run faster before this incident."
I didn't think it was or is obvious as you neglected to make any statement to indicate it either way.

As I said, thread title.

"I then reinstalled frets on fire but the program is still running slow."

I then after 'reinstalling' .net framework 2.0 reinstalled frets on fire. I think that implies I ran this program between my 'reinstall' of .net framework 2.0 and reinstall of frets on fire.

"this problem began when my computer/program crashed while running frets on fire." That sounded like it only just started after you installed Frets on fire!!
I think the only thing obvious is that it is not obvious what you are saying.

This problem (program now running slow) began when my computer/program crashed whilst running frets on fire. How does that imply that I only just installed it?

Even if you think my points are invalid I think the thread title makes it obvious.

The problem seems fixed now, seems the graphics card driver got messed up.

Kenny,

Glad your problem was fixed, would you mind posting the video card details & what you did to correct this issue? Thanks in advance. :)

The problem seems fixed now, seems the graphics card driver got messed up.

Kenny,

Glad your problem was fixed, would you mind posting the video card details & what you did to correct this issue? Thanks in advance. :)

My graphics card is a 9600M GT, OS as stated above is Win 7 64.

I did all the steps I desccribed in the previous posts and then decided that maybe I should try running the program on a clean install of win 7. I didn't want to lost any data so what I did was:

Shrink my drive
Install win 7 on the new partition
Try running game on that install of Win 7

It still didnt work (as in having exact same problem), but I realised that a new install would not have the gfx drivers, so I downloaded and installed them and then my game ran as before.

In short, I think just installing the gfx drivers will fix the problem.

So my problem with the game seems to have nothing to do with .net.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.