After Install starts you get copying tempory files - setup is starting then the following message is returned.
Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

It means it cant find your hard disk. If its a SATA disk (especially one via an add in controller card) then you will need a driver disk.

It means it cant find your hard disk. If its a SATA disk (especially one via an add in controller card) then you will need a driver disk.

It is a Sata drive

win7 shouldn't have problem finding a sata drive , should it !

win7 shouldn't have problem finding a sata drive , should it !

Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 based) still doesnt have drivers for my 9 year old fibre-channel adapter, so its within the realms of possibility that it lacks his SATA driver...

Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 based) still doesnt have drivers for my 9 year old fibre-channel adapter, so its within the realms of possibility that it lacks his SATA driver...

correct ,it is for sure

There is a program that checks your hardware for Windows 7 compatibility. You could run it to find out if your computer can run that operating system. No point wasting your time and money attempting to install Windows 7 on hardware that it will not support.

how to upgrade from window service pack 3 to window 7 ?

You have to do a clean install i think.

You have to do a clean install i think.

Yep, you do.

SATA support for Windows 7,
If your mobo has SATA ports, then you can install Win7 no problem, if you're using an add-in SATA/Raid card (PCI) then you need to install the drivers for that card during the Win7 set-up (lower left, "Add Drivers")

, if you're using an add-in SATA/Raid card (PCI) then you need to install the drivers for that card during the Win7 set-up (lower left, "Add Drivers")

Yep. 7 is better than XP in that it lets you load em off a memory stick now, no faffing about with floppies any more.

Yep. 7 is better than XP in that it lets you load em off a memory stick now, no faffing about with floppies any more.

speaking of memory sticks ,and win7 ,here a good link i think to putting win7 on a memory stick for quick install and install to computer/laptop with out cdrom drive .I did it [so its easy to do ] but none of my computers /lapotops boot to a thumb drive.so couldn't test it
http://edge.technet.com/Media/Installing-Win7-using-a-USB-Stick/?Page=8#Page=2

speaking of memory sticks ,and win7 ,here a good link i think to putting win7 on a memory stick for quick install and install to computer/laptop with out cdrom drive

think you can do that with vista too (because 2k8 [not the R2 version] can)

hp deskjet printer d1460 can it install in windows 7

Windows 7 addresses the growing desire for application control solutions in the enterprise with the introduction of AppLocker: a simple and flexible mechanism that allows administrators to specify exactly what is allowed to run in their desktop environment. As a result, AppLocker provides not only security protections, but also operational and compliance benefits by:

* Keeping unlicensed software from running in your desktop environment

* Preventing vulnerable, unauthorized applications from running in your desktop environment, including malware

* Stopping users from running applications that needlessly consume network bandwidth or otherwise impact the enterprise computing environment

* Preventing users from running applications that destabilize their desktop environment and increase helpdesk support costs

* Easing enterprise software deployments and maintenance through effective desktop configuration management

* Allow users to install and run approved applications and software updates based upon their business needs

* Helping ensure your desktop environment is in compliance with corporate policies and industry regulations such as PCI DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, Basel II, and others

commented: spam spam spam spam +0

Your Win7 DVD got corrupt or else your DVD ROM is not working.

How to install text converter for power point on office 2007 of windows 7

How to install

do you mean how do I install text converter for power point on office 2007 of windows 7

if yes download the converter and double click it and chose install,setup,or maybe even run !good luck

i love it!i want own it

i have the same problem except i'm running my main drive as IDE for now... why can't it find it with an IDE drive?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.