Hi all,

I just got a new laptop with 64-bit Windows 7. I'm trying to use a simple login script that works fine on my XP machine to mount a TrueCrypt volume and share it.

However, when I run RMTSHARE.EXE at a command prompt, it now reports that it can't run "due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows".

Using Windows Explorer, on the Properties sheet for RMTSHAR.EXE, on the Compatibility tab, I set the Compatibility Mode to" Run this program in compatibility mode" for "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". When I then execute it, it tells me it's "not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Does anyone know how I can either get RMTSHARE to run on a 64-bit Windows, or find a copy of it that will?

Thanks,

Dave

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi all,

I just got a new laptop with 64-bit Windows 7. I'm trying to use a simple login script that works fine on my XP machine to mount a TrueCrypt volume and share it.

However, when I run RMTSHARE.EXE at a command prompt, it now reports that it can't run "due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows".

Using Windows Explorer, on the Properties sheet for RMTSHAR.EXE, on the Compatibility tab, I set the Compatibility Mode to" Run this program in compatibility mode" for "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". When I then execute it, it tells me it's "not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Does anyone know how I can either get RMTSHARE to run on a 64-bit Windows, or find a copy of it that will?

Thanks,

Dave

don't know for sure ,but a quick search leads me to believe its not available in 64bit .

the RMTSHAR.EXE is actually a cab with RMTSHARE.EXE and a readme, get the file to a 32-bit box, extract, and copy rmtshare.exe to the x64 box, runs for me on R2 with no compat settings.

HTH!

the RMTSHAR.EXE is actually a cab with RMTSHARE.EXE and a readme, get the file to a 32-bit box, extract, and copy rmtshare.exe to the x64 box, runs for me on R2 with no compat settings.

HTH!

Hi Moritz2112,

Thanks! With your prompt, I now have a copy of RMTSHARE.EXE running on this 64-bit machine. It's great when folks like you make it easy.

Thank you!

Dave

It is my pleasure Dave! I would not have discovered how to get it to work had you not posted your issue with it.

Have a lot of fun!!! :cool:

P.S. Thanks to you I was able to touch 26 servers and fix the share permissions on 8 folders per server, a total of 208 operations in about 30 seconds, that would have taken much longer through a GUI.

Hi Moritz2112,

Thanks! With your prompt, I now have a copy of RMTSHARE.EXE running on this 64-bit machine. It's great when folks like you make it easy.

Thank you!

Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.