So for Christmas I got an old Lego game, LEGO Soccer Mania. I put in the CD, and run the installation. The game says it's installed, but then I try to play the game, and the main menu which is supposed to have an option for "Play Game," only has "Install Game" still. I click on it thinking maybe the installation was faulty and that I need to reinstall, but the setup starts to remove the game. I have an Everex StepNote laptop with Vista on it. I also got The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition and it works fine on my laptop.

So for Christmas I got an old Lego game, LEGO Soccer Mania. I put in the CD, and run the installation. The game says it's installed, but then I try to play the game, and the main menu which is supposed to have an option for "Play Game," only has "Install Game" still. I click on it thinking maybe the installation was faulty and that I need to reinstall, but the setup starts to remove the game. I have an Everex StepNote laptop with Vista on it. I also got The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition and it works fine on my laptop.

try compatibility mode ,right click on the install exe and go to compatibility mode ans chose winxp maybe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.