Under Desktop - Background...several of my downloaded pictures are listed. I do not want to use these as background.
How can I "delete" these and how can I prevent any d/loaded images from being listed automatically in Desktop/Background?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Under Desktop - Background...several of my downloaded pictures are listed. I do not want to use these as background.
How can I "delete" these and how can I prevent any d/loaded images from being listed automatically in Desktop/Background?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Anyone with a reply to my question above? Would appreciate any help. The Display Properties/Background list keeps on growing much to my chagrin and dismay. Thanks.

Under Desktop - Background...several of my downloaded pictures are listed.

I am not understand what u want to say. did u delete the default picture of windows? and want to add new?

Hi,
With the information you have given I can only assume that you have downloaded wallpaper files and these are appearing as an option when you try to set a picture for your desktop. If this is the case, go to add and remove programs and if you can find them there, just uninstall them. Sometimes the information to uninstall is not found in that folder. Look at "Start" "All Programs" and see if they are listed there, if so when you put your mouse over the file name or click on it, you could see an option to uninstall. Click on it and uninstall. If not in either of those locations, if you have a name for them, do a search and see if you can locate the file and delete it. Also check your download file location and see if the file is there.
If this is not what you are trying to do or still have problems, please post back.
Good luck

Thanks very much for ur reply...but No, these are not d/loaded wallpaper files - they are pictures/images d/loaded from the internet
and also images downloaded from my e-mails.
I will go ahead and do a search for the files/images and delete them and see if this will also delete them from Display Properties/Desktop Background list.
However, some of these images I do really need to keep - so I do not want to have them deleted from my pc.
What I really need to know is....how can I prevent d/loaded images from appearing in the Display Properties/Desktop Background list. Is there a setting to disable this feature, so that these images are not automatically added to the Background list.
Any further replies/ solutions to this problem will be much appreciated.

I think u not get back it. some can software recover it. but they recover it from ram. after a long gap, I don't know is it possible?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.