I need to develop training materials and thought that I'd try to include web tutorials/demos to aid in training on a web app. I've looked at at least 5 different "web demo" packages, but none have been able to do the job. The biggest feature that I need is the ability to zoom in on specific sections of the screen then zoom out as we continue. Recording mouse clicks is also useful as well as call out buttons or simply having the ability to place text on the screen. Lots of the videos that I see on Youtube meet my needs, but I have no idea what app they are using. Output format doesn't matter much. It could be video format or flash. I have no preference.

Previous packages that I've used had really bad lag in that by the time the mouse clicks appeared on the screen, the screenshot had already moved on to the next screen. It required too much manual tweaking to get it to work.

Software suggestions are very much appreciated.

I need to develop training materials and thought that I'd try to include web tutorials/demos to aid in training on a web app. I've looked at at least 5 different "web demo" packages, but none have been able to do the job. The biggest feature that I need is the ability to zoom in on specific sections of the screen then zoom out as we continue. Recording mouse clicks is also useful as well as call out buttons or simply having the ability to place text on the screen. Lots of the videos that I see on Youtube meet my needs, but I have no idea what app they are using. Output format doesn't matter much. It could be video format or flash. I have no preference.

Previous packages that I've used had really bad lag in that by the time the mouse clicks appeared on the screen, the screenshot had already moved on to the next screen. It required too much manual tweaking to get it to work.

==========
Please look around BB FlasBack Express. I know that from FreewareHome.com; under Graphics : Screen Capture.
Or you go to this link :
http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/CompareEditions.aspx?cc=true

Hi I use a very good program as to what you are looking for, it is Photodex Producer I have used it for puting slideshows on my web pages and it is about the best there is and can zoom in as much as you want it to hope this helps. go to http://www.photodex.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.