I don't know if this is the right forum for this issue, but I will give it a try anyway.

We have two computers laptops in our house, one that's pretty new and another one that's a few years old.

I few weeks ago, god knows what caused it, the wireless connection on the old computer stopped to work. I've tried to do some basic troubleshooting myself, but haven't managed to solve the problem.

I use an external network card (Philips SNN6500) and they have something called "Philips Wireless Network Manager" but I've only used the usual Window XP "Connect to a network". For some reason I can't find any network at all in this, it just says "It's not possible to configurate this wireless connection".

And Philips own program doesn't seem to have any part where I can connect to a network.

I don't know how much sense this makes to anyone of you.

The strange thing is that there no problem on the other computer, and I can see all sorts of networs (even the next door neighbors).

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Open "devise Manager" and see if there any yellow marks, if so right click and update driver. To access the “Devise Manager” Go “Start” “Run” type “devmgmt.msc” without the “ “ then press “OK”.

you also might try unplugging you wireless routers power source for at least 30 seconds and replugging it to see if laptop picks it up again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.