Hi guys ive recently had a problem with my CD-ROM drive. If done the regedit procedure of deleteing uper and lower filters awell and unistalling and reisntalling my cd-drive. Still no luck and it still doesnt appear on my computer.

I use vista

If any one can help it would be greatly appreaciated,

Thanks,

Paki

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

does it show in the device manager as unknown or problematic? What error message does it say?

Have you changed it recently?
Or installed a better one?

It gives no error. Cd-Drive is still in device manager but not in my computer. However i did have my Power Supply replaced as the other stopped working. But This shud have nothing to do with the Cd-drive

Check that you have connected the power cable and the data cable the correct way around, sometimes you can put the data cable in the wrong way around.
Double check that the data cable is connected into the Motherboard, because this would cause it not to be shown.

Could u please give me screen shot as of where the data and power cable shud go and what they are? would appreaciate it alot thanks

Hmm thanks il try that out Pics do help alot.

wow Hahahha :P:P:P: thanks sooo much serunso it worked!. It turned out that the data cable wasnt inserted :P thanks guys :P

No worries, that's what we are here for!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.